In 1996 Bactimm started as a production control laboratory for a manufacturer of sterile implantable medical devices Fame Holding. By acquiring Farmalyse in 2002, with more than 35 years experience in pharmaceutical chemical analyses, the companies extended the portfolio and developed into an internationally focussed contract laboratory.
Bactimm - Farmalyse is an independent Business Unit and operates as a limited liability company.
The laboratories are certified according the ISO 9001:2000, ISO 13485:2003 and received a GMP-GCLP and GLP (microbial validation) license for its analytical services.
In 2007 Fame holding became part of aap Bio implants, listed on the German stock exchange.
aap Bio implants is an internationally operating medical device company active in developing, producing and marketing biomaterials and implants.
In December 2009, Bactimm and Farmalyse separated from the AAP Group to form a united Bactimm-Farma Holding. This separation aims to put greater emphasis on contract laboratory services and related core business areas.
Bactimm - Farmalyse
- 500 m2 high standard clean room facilities in which microbial testing is performed
- Certified quality system and long experience in testing products
- Many own developments focused on new technologies
- In total, 11 HPLC’s, one UPLC, three GC’s, and one state-of-the-art LC-DAD-MS from Agilent Technologies; a quadrupole MS type 1100 SL for both electrospray ionization (ESI) and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI)
- Attractive partner for companies that need to put their products on the EU market
- Over 40 FTE work for the laboratories.
- On an average across the last 4 years 7% of the annual turnover is used for investments.